I. What can you do now?
- This Policy is for Users whose Money got deducted from their account, yet the Brihaspathi Subscription is not activated while doing a transaction.
- To help you out in the best possible way we have a two-step plan.
II. What will Brihaspathi Academy can do for you?
- Raise a concern in the UPI app profile page (Only if the transaction is via UPI method). Please go to the profile section of the UPI app used for payment and Select “Raise a Concern” – Help and then select the transaction in which money was deducted while purchasing Brihaspathi Subscription and then select “Raise a Concern” or “Call Bank” to get the latest details.
- If required, we would be able to provide payment failure report from our side on a case to case basis.
- Please note that the process of redressal by NPCI may take up to 2 weeks. For every UPI payment, there are 2 banks and NPCI in between. Money can be stuck anywhere when it is a failed payment. And at this point of time, the full
control in this process is with NPCI and not the Merchant.
- Call or write to your bank’s dispute department (not support department). (For transaction Via all methods)
- If the amount has been deducted, please contact your bank and raise a charge dispute on this so that they can process the refund. Generally, you will get your money back within 5-7 working days varying from bank to bank. On an average, the
delay can be up to 30 days. Please use the below link for the format in which you have to file a written complaint with your bank.
- In case if we have not received your payment, we will not be able to initiate your refund as a merchant. In such scenarios, please get in touch with the bank with a written complaint. Also please refer to the RBI policy on delay in refund by your bank:
- Submit your issue in Razorpay grievance.
- Your payment on the Brihaspathi platform is processed by the payment gateway “Razorpay”. To help you out if the amount is stuck at Razorpay, please use this link to submit grievances disputes: https://razorpay.com/support/#grievance
- If upon investigation it has been found that money was stuck at Razorpay level then, the amount will be auto refunded to your account within 5-7 working days normally. If this has not happened, kindly contact Razorpay and raise a request for the amount being deducted from your account so that they can fasten the refund process.
- If it exceeds 21 days since your purchase attempt and your amount is not yet refunded back, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with proof to help you out.
All above steps must be initiated by the user within 40 days of the transaction date failing which any request will be considered null and void.
Please be informed that as a user you are using our services and hence, trust us. Therefore, it becomes pertinent that we are able to provide you with the best quality services with minimal effort. We endeavour to ensure that every user experience is smooth and hassle-free. These Terms and Condition of Use, guide user behaviour and in the process lay down certain parameters and guidelines, which would be beneficial to both, you and us, the Proprietary firm.
‘BRIHASPATHI ACADEMY’, a popular software application, is a proprietorship firm registered under the Department of Labour, Government of Karnataka and is involved in the business of providing study material for NEET MDS aspirants.
The term ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ shall mean Brihaspathi Academy, the proprietorship firm.
Acceptance of Terms
- In consideration of your use of the Brihaspathi Academy Website and Apps, You agree:
- To the responsibility of ensuring that You meet the required qualiﬁcation while opting for the ‘Subscribed Account’ (deﬁned in Clause 3.2).
- To maintain and promptly update your login credentials to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- And acknowledge that Brihaspathi Academy is not responsible to ensure that You conform to the eligibility criteria.
- To seek the consent of Your parents/legal guardians, in case if you are a minor, before providing any information about Yourself or Your parents and other family members, on the Brihaspathi Academy Website and Apps.
- That We are not responsible or liable for any consequences, that arise as a result of misuse of any kind, by You, in the Brihaspathi Academy Website or Apps, or any of Our services, such that it causes any harm or injury to a third-party.
- That We reserve the right to change and update the content in the Platform to represent the latest evidence and practices, with the changing times, needs and requirements. We reserve the right to constantly review, update and replace the content and features of all the Study Materials, including but not limited to Synopsis, QBanks, Videos, Tests, Nuggets, Image Bank etc, which would be carried out on a yearly basis. We do not guarantee that any content or features, of the previous versions, would be made available on the Platform in the new version.
- That We reserve all right to engage a different faculty or tutor or change the current faculty or tutor at any given point of time without any prior notification to the User.
- If You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or We have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Platform.
- This document is an electronic record in terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”) and the Rules as applicable, thereunder, and the provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the IT Act. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
- You may access the Platform and subscribe to the services only for Your personal use. The Platform as a whole, is owned exclusively by Brihaspathi Academy. You acknowledge that We are providing You with a revocable, limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to use the features of the Platform. You will upon logging into the Brihaspathi Academy Website/Mobile applications as a regular user be entitled to view Our limited free content as a demo of the offerings. You will get access once You enrol as a Subscriber. You are advised to review this free content before taking the decision to proceed to subscribe to the services as a ‘Subscribed User’ (as deﬁned in Clause 2.2).
- By registering Your e-mail address and/or phone number with Us, You consent to be contacted by Us via phone calls, SMS notiﬁcations, e-mails and/or any other means that help us reach You, in case of any subscription or service updates.
- You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security and conﬁdentiality of Your account as well as the login credentials to the account once you become a ‘Subscribed User’.
- We will not be liable for any loss that You may incur because of a third party using Your account, either with or without Your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Us as a consequence of third party usage of Your account.
- Due to the global nature of the Internet, You agree to comply with all applicable local laws, state speciﬁc laws, and regulation rules regarding use of the Platform. You also agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data and information, exported from India or the country in which You reside.
- Persons who are “competent/capable” of contracting within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 shall be eligible to register for Brihaspathi Academy Website or App and be a Registered User (defined hereunder). As a minor if You wish to use the Brihaspathi Academy App or Our Services, such use shall be made available to You by Your legal guardian or parents, who has agreed to these Terms. In the event a minor utilizes the Brihaspathi Academy App/Website/Services, it is assumed that he/she has obtained the consent of the legal guardian or parents and such use is made available by the legal guardian or parents.
- You are mandatorily required to either be a person of competence, complying with Clause 2.1, as mentioned above, of modern dentistry currently enrolled in a dental college recognized in India or a qualiﬁed dental professional registered with the Dental Council of India. You can also be a person of modern dentistry currently enrolled in a dental college enrolled outside India or a qualified dental profession registered with the respective Dental Council of that country.
- To register on the Platform for availing the Services (as deﬁned in Clause 3.1) a login account, which is based on a paid subscription, is required. You become a ‘Subscriber’/’Subscribed User’ (hereinafter ‘Subscriber’) once the account is created and an appropriate plan is chosen with the correct payment being done for the plan.
- To determine Your eligibility as a Subscriber, You will be required to give details to validate Your eligibility by ﬁlling in all mandatory ﬁelds in the online service subscription enrolment form. Upon completing all ﬁelds in the service subscription form, You will have access to the ‘Free Content’ in the capacity of a ‘Registered User’ (hereinafter ‘Registered User’) and have the option to purchase a paid subscription of your choice.
- If You choose to purchase a paid subscription, You will be directed to the purchase page and have the option to select the services for which You wish to become a Subscribed User. Upon receipt of the payment in full the user would become a “Subscribed User”. After the payment is complete, You will receive a conﬁrmation email to the registered email id conﬁrming your plan details and credentials for accessing the Platform.
Services of Brihaspathi Academy
- To avail the full range of course content offered as part of the Services, You will have to mandatorily be a Subscribed User meeting all the requirements set out in Clauses 2.2 and 2.3.
- The Services and amounts payable to access the Services may differ for different Subscribers and will be based on the course combination chosen by You either at the time of enrolling as a Subscribed User or thereafter, based on the courses a Subscribed User adds through his/ her account.
- As a “Registered User”, You are enrolled to the free plan by default and have the option to purchase a Subscribed Services Account (hereinafter referred to as “Subscribed Account”) and become a Subscribed User. If You have initially enrolled in the Free Plan, You will have the option of upgrading the Service account to a Subscribed Account at any time by clicking on the “Subscribe” link or icon available as part of the Subscribed User account dashboard once the You log into Your Service account.
- You agree that any Services provided by Us may be subject to change at Our discretion and We may add, remove or modify offerings to its existing scope of Services at such fees as will be solely determined by Us.
- We may, at Our discretion, revise the amount payable in respect of existing offerings forming part of the Services that may be made available to You.
- You agree that We may at any time and for any reason, terminate Your access to whole or part of the Platform, or restrict or suspend Your access to your Subscribed User account, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without any liability to You.
Subscriber Account, Password and Security
If You use the Platform and wish to avail Services by creating a User account, You may be required to submit your phone number and/or email ID and choose a password which will be the only set of credentials basis which You will be granted access to the Platform and its Services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and other credentials to access the Services. If there is any compromise to Your account, You can change your password using the ‘forgot password’ functionality available on the login page used to access the Platform.
- Any payments made to Brihaspathi Academy in respect of Services are subject to the payment terms of Brihaspathi Academy as will be notified to You once You initiate the process to become a Subscribed User. The current existing payment schedule available to Subscribed Users are mentioned on the Website and Apps.
- The Fee including GST and any delivery charges payable in relation to delivery of hard copy or electronic versions of document based Study materials, if applicable, will be shown prior to completion of the online payment transaction.
- In the unlikely event that, due to a technical error, the amount of the Fee displayed on the Platform is incorrect, Brihaspathi Academy will notify You as soon as it reasonably can. If the correct amount of the Fee is higher than the amount displayed on the Platform, Brihaspathi Academy will contact You through your registered e-mail address and/or phone number to notify You of the correct Fee. To avail all Services for the duration of Subscription, You may be required to remit any additional fees such that the correct Fee is paid by you.
- Brihaspathi Academy hereby notifies You that Brihaspathi Academy uses third party payment gateway service providers to process payment made by You towards the Service subscription. It is hereby clarified that Brihaspathi Academy will not be responsible for any payment failures or errors occurring due to technical issues at the bank’s end or issues arising from the third payment gateway and all such issues should be resolved directly between You and the banking or payment gateway partner concerned.
- In case your bank account appears to be debited, yet the subscription plan is not activated, kindly refer to the Website or Apps.
Disclaimer as regards Study materials
- We do not make any representation, guarantee or commitment to You that the Study Materials offered either in the demo versions or as part of subscribed services will be error free.
- The services and all accompanying Study Materials are only offered purely on “AS IS” basis and We expressly state that the Study Material and the services are not intended to act as a substitute for professional medical opinion on ailments.
- The MCQs provided in the Study Materials is inclusive of all kind of MCQs provided in the Study Material i.e., via Qbank, test series, notes etc. The content will be constantly updated (addition or removal) in terms of its numbers and the material without any prior notice to You and at a sole discretion of Brihaspathi Academy.
- We do not claim any guaranteed rank, mark, success/any kind of professional advantage with the use of the Platform.
- We reserve the right to change and update the content in the Platform to represent the latest evidence and practices, with the changing times, needs and requirements. We reserve the right to constantly review, update and replace the content and features of all the Study Materials, including but not limited to QBank, Test Series, Videos and Notes, which would be carried out on a yearly basis in the form of ‘versions’. We do not guarantee that any content or features, of the previous version, would be made available on the Platform in the latest version.
- We reserve all right to engage a different faculty or tutor or change the current faculty or tutor at any given point of time without any prior notification to the User.
Online Subscription and Access Terms
- Except as set out in the description of the subscription model available on the Platform, no additional study materials and/or video tutorials will be provided by Us.
- Please note that it is Your responsibility to check that the computer or device You plan to use to access the subscription is compatible with the minimum speciﬁcation requirement that relates to the subscription You are opting for. You acknowledge and accept that We cannot be held responsible for any technical problems (including but not limited to playback of video content) with any systems, computers or devices You encounter following the commencement of the subscription.
- Please find below the Minimum System Requirements for using our Platform:
- Android 6 – Non-rooted – DRM supported devices
- iOS 10 – Non-jailbroken
- We recommend the Latest version of Chrome. Other browsers may or may not be supported.
- Please find below the Recommended Internet Speed requirement for using our Platform:
- For Videos = 5 Mbps
- For other Services = 5 Mbps
- Please note that the above mentioned has been derived based on User experience and is not conclusive or a guarantee that if the above-mentioned criteria is fulfilled, the Platform would work in the like manner. Other unforeseeable circumstances too must be considered while using the services on the Platform.
Modifications to Subscription
- We reserve the right to make modiﬁcations, enhancements or issue clariﬁcations (for example, clariﬁcation of doubt, interactive sessions) to the subscription, including but not limited to changes in Services, number of Services available, pricing and validity of Subscription duration.
- When We make such changes, We may or may not notify the User of the same and the User will be bound by such modifications, enhancement, changes and amendments, as the case may be.
- These changes would be called as ‘versions’ and we have complete discretion to update the same with time, as We deem fit and cannot be challenged by You at any time.
- We do not guarantee that the contents or features of the previous versions would be made available post the launch of the new version.
Technical Support and Access
- We do not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the subscription.
- We are not obliged to offer You any technical support in relation to your subscription other than the speciﬁc support that has been included as part of the subscription plan You have opted for.
- You also accept and acknowledge that We cannot be held responsible for any delay or disruptions to your subscription as a result of such suspension or any of the following but not limited to:
- the operation of the internet and the World Wide Web, including but not limited to viruses;
- any firewall restrictions that have been placed on your network or the computer You are using to access the Services;
- failures of telecommunications links and equipment; or
- updated browser issues
- DRM protocols preventing playback of media
- Not meeting standards any of the minimum system requirements as defined in clause 9.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liabilities
- We shall not be liable for any interference, virus, hacking, or any such consequence, caused by any network or internet service providers and failure of device manufacturers to support DRM protocols.
- Any content posted on a third-party platform, by Us or any authorised third party, shall be subject to the terms and conditions, and policies, of that third-party platform in addition to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT WILL BRIHASPATHI ACADEMY OR ITS EMPLOYEES’, OR ITS AGENTS’, PARTNERS, AND CONTRACTORS’, AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE AFORESAID SERVICES TO YOU, EXCEED THE PAYMENTS ACTUALLY RECEIVED AND RETAINED BY BRIHASPATHI ACADEMY FROM YOU, FOR ANY AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTION BROUGHT BY YOU OR YOUR AGENTS. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU ARE NOT A SUBSCRIBED USER, BRIHASPATHI ACADEMY WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Disclaimer of Services
- Any information provided to You through the Platform, shall not be treated as medical advice, opinion, diagnosis, prescription, or treatment.
- You acknowledge that We have not been authorised or recognised by any regulatory body or the Dental Council of India, to give any sort of medical/dental advice, opinion, diagnosis, prescription or treatment.
- You also understand that the services provided to You shall not be construed as medical classes and Our services do not come within the purview of medical training as regulated and recognized by Dental Council of India or other regulatory bodies.
- You acknowledge and agree that the suggestions and recommendation provided by Us on the Platform, are only suggestions, and You may comply with it at Your choice and option. We offer You various services via the Platform, to help You prepare for dental pg entrance examinations with customised support and assistance.
Brihaspathi Academy No Sharing Fair Usage Policy
- A Brihaspathi Academy Subscriber account is meant to be used by only one User.
- Sharing the Brihaspathi Academy Subscriber account credentials for both personal use or commercial purposes will result in account blockage without prior notice or warning.
- As per this Fair Usage policy, each user will have a ﬁxed number of Fair Usage hours which is fixed at 1000 hours to watch the videos. Once the 1000 hours is exceeded, the account will fall under scrutiny and we will immediately investigate the matter further, without Your consent.
- Apart from the Fair Usage Hours, we also track a number of other parameters to identify any form of sharing.
- You agree that You shall not use the services or the Platform in order to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update, distribute, share, store material. You are bound not to cut, copy, decompile, distribute, modify, recreate, reverse engineer, distribute, disseminate, post, publish or create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or software obtained from the website. With Our prior permission, limited use may be allowed and this is solely based on Our discretion. For the removal of doubt, it is clariﬁed that unlimited or wholesale reproduction, copying of the content for commercial or non-commercial purposes and unwarranted modiﬁcation of data and information within the content of the Platform is not permitted and is considered:
- in violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others;
- that belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to;
- that is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, threatening, abusive or hateful or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating encouraging money laundering or gambling or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever;
- that harms minors in any way;
- that impersonate another person or entity;
- that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of Brihaspathi Academy’s computer systems or site or Brihaspathi Academy’s Users, customer’s computer systems or site;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India and any other countries, friendly relations with foreign states or of public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or insulting any other nation
- If You become aware of misuse of the Service by any person, please contact [email@example.com or call +91 91644 76636.
- You shall not either as a regular browsing user, Registered User, Free Plan user or as a Subscribed User, use the Platform to either directly or indirectly, either alone or with another third party disassemble, reverse engineer or decompile any part or whole of the Platform in order to get access or attempt to get access to the underlying software, source or proprietary technology which enables the Services or other functionalities of the Platform or do anything with an intent to create derivative works or competing platforms that provide same or similar services.
- You shall not either directly or through other third parties take, post, publish, transmit or otherwise make available any of the Study Material or video tutorials on any other medium. Furthermore, You undertake not to use, display, mirror or frame the Platform or any individual element within the Platform, unless this is expressly approved by Us in writing.
- You shall not copy or record or make any attempt to copy or record part or whole of the Services or use the Services for further distribution any mode so as to commercially beneﬁt from the Study Material or engage in any form of piracy.
Termination or Suspension of Account for Illegalities or suspected Illegalities
- If there is a suspicion of untoward or illegal activity, We may suspend your account immediately and if required, debar all future access by You to the Platform.
- We reserve the right to cancel any subscription as We believe has been compromised, or is being used fraudulently, at its own discretion without any ﬁnancial liability to You.
- User’s account will be Blocked for the following reasons (including but not limited to):
- If found suspicious (High/ Suspicious Activity)
- Usage of Rooted/ Jailbroken Devices, Emulators, ChromeCast, Android TV, Amazon Fire, Samsung Dex, Cloned APK’s 3)TV/ Smart TV/ Apple TV or any other virtual machines.
- Screen Casting, Screen Recording, Screen Mirroring, Downloading Videos out of Brihaspathi Academy Platform,
- Using a camera, phone or any other device to record any Platform content
- Sharing Brihaspathi Academy Screen Shots or PDF’s in Social Media or any other Network.
- Sharing Brihaspathi Academy Accounts Credentials with anyone.
- Usage of Multiple Devices (Other than allowed)
- Abusing Brihaspathi Academy and Brihaspathi Academy Faculties.
- Try to sell Brihaspathi Academy Subscriber Accounts and Contents on Brihaspathi Academy.
- You acknowledge, consent and agree that Brihaspathi Academy may access, preserve and disclose Your account information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process nationally or internationally;
- enforce this Agreement;
- respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties;
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of Brihaspathi Academy, its subscribers and the public;
You understand that Brihaspathi Academy and software embodied within Brihaspathi Academy and the Services you access may include security components that permit digital materials including the Study Materials to be protected, and that use of these Study Materials is subject to usage rules set by Brihaspathi Academy. You shall not attempt to override, disable, circumvent or otherwise interfere with any such security components, encryptions and usage rules embedded into Website or the specific Services accessible through Your Service account.
- All materials on Website, including, without limitation, names, logos, trademarks, images, text, columns, graphics, videos, photographs, illustrations, artwork, software, notes (soft and hard copies) and any and all other elements (collectively referred to as “Material”) are protected by copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned and controlled by Us.
- You acknowledge and agree that all Material on the Platform is made available for limited, non-commercial, personal use only. Except as speciﬁcally provided herein or elsewhere on the Platform, no Material may be copied, reproduced, republished, sold, downloaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, or otherwise used for any purpose, by any person or entity, without Our prior express written permission, which is at Our sole discretion.
Brihaspathi Academy and Third Parties
- All the tutors in the tutorial videos You access as part of the Services You use or subscribe for are independent third parties and not employees of the Proprietary firm. The professional and technical information contained in the video tutorial are the sole responsibility of the Tutor. Even though We review the content hosted as part of the Services on a best effort basis, We disclaim all warranties as regards the authenticity or correctness of information communicated to You by the tutors and We do not guarantee that the tutor videos contain updated information on the subject matter.
Intellectual Property Rights
- We provide You with a single limited license to use and access the Platform and Materials hosted as part of the subscribed Services on devices which We have permitted access at the time of Your subscription to the Services for the limited purpose of accessing the tutorial or associated Study Materials online. The license is speciﬁcally personal, non-transferable, and non-exclusive. All content on the Platform, which is including, but not limited to, designs, text, graphics, images, information, logos, button icons, software, audio ﬁles and any other similar content are the exclusive and sole property of Us, the Proprietary firm.
- All icons and logos are trademarks of and proprietary to Us. The unauthorized copying, modiﬁcation, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.
- All material on the Platform, including images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips and third-party licensed images are protected by copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. Material on the Platform is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means, whether directly or indirectly and You must not assist any other person to do so.
- Without the prior written consent of Us, which is at Our sole discretion, modiﬁcation of the Content, use of the Content on any other website, app or networked computer environment or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited.
- At all times, We and/or Our licensors, remain the owner of the intellectual property in the tutorial, and the study materials. No Course and/or study materials nor any part thereof may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted any form or by any means without the prior written permission of Us.
Terms and Termination
- This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect for so long as You use the Platform. You may terminate your subscription at any time, for any reason, by contacting the Support channels. We, however, do not offer any refunds because of Your termination or discontinuation of the Services. Any termination or Subscription modiﬁcations initiated by You are subject to the Policy.
- All Content on the Platform, (including but not limited to software) and Services, included on or otherwise made available to You across all mediums are provided on permitted number of views basis on a limited number of whitelisted devices without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise speciﬁed in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, Brihaspathi Academy does not warrant that:
- Platform will be constantly available or;
- The information made available through the Services on the Platform is complete, true or accurate.
- We are not responsible to You for any data that You lose either (a) as a result of accessing the tutorial, or (b) as a result of accessing study materials, or (c) otherwise during the course of subscription. It is your responsibility to ensure that You regularly save and back up (i) all data which You hold on the computer from which You are accessing the Services and (ii) all data that You are inputting when completing a study module being offered.
- We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises from any causes which is beyond Our reasonable control.
- The tutorials are for personal training and for knowledge enhancement purposes only. We do not accept any responsibility to any party for the use of the Services provided and/or the contents of the Study materials for any purpose other than training for educational purposes, including but not limited to the giving of advice by You to any third party.
- We shall not be responsible for any claims that may arise as a direct or indirect consequence of any third-party placing reliance and acting upon the information obtained as part of the Services or Your advice to a third party basis the Study Material or tutorial videos or any other Services.
Exclusions and Limitations
The Platform and Services are intended to be used within the jurisdiction of India only. Those who access or use the Platform from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with the local law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, in certain jurisdictions, some of the above limitations of liability may not apply to You, nevertheless, all other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Us harmless, Our subsidiaries, afﬁliates, subcontractors, ofﬁcers, directors, employees, consultants, representatives and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from:
- Your use of and access to the Platform;
- Third-party claims who rely on Your representations to them based on the information made available through Our services;
- Your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Service or Platform (or any portion thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to You or to any third party for any such modiﬁcation, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of website.
- This Agreement and any rights and licenses granted here under, may not be transferred or assigned by You, but may be assigned by Brihaspathi Academy without restriction.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reﬂected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of India. Any matters arising under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts located in Bangalore.
In case of any grievance arising from the use of Platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91 91644 76636.
https://www.brihaspathiacademy.comis a property of Brihaspathi Academy, a proprietorship firm registered under the Department of Labour, Government of Karnataka, having its registered office at No. 71 & 72, 1st Floor, , 4th Cross, Akshaya Nagar, Attur Layout, Yelahanka New Town, Bengaluru – 560064.
Information we collect.
Contact information. We might collect your Name, Email, Mobile Number, Phone Number, Street, City, State, Pin code, Country and IP address.
Payment and billing information. We might collect your billing name, billing address and payment method when you buy a product/item. We NEVER collect your credit/debit card number or expiry date or other details pertaining to your credit/debit card on our website. Credit/debit card information will be obtained and processed by our online payment partners.
Information you post. We collect information you post in a public space on our website or on a third-party social media site belonging to https://www.brihaspathiacademy.com.
Demographic information. We may collect demographic information about you, events you like, events you intend to participate in, products you buy, or any other information provided by your during the use of our website. We might collect this as a part of a survey also.
Other information. If you use our website, we may collect information about your IP address and the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, duration of time spent on our website, pages accessed or what site you visit when you leave us. We might also collect the type of mobile device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running.
We collect information in different ways.
We collect information directly from you. We collect information directly from you when you register for an event or buy product(s). We also collect information if you post a comment on our websites or ask us a question through phone or email.
We collect information from you passively. We use tracking tools like Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, browser cookies and web beacons for collecting information about your usage of our website.
We get information about you from third parties. For example, if you use an integrated social media feature on our websites, the third-party social media site will give us certain information about you. This could include your name and email address.
Use of your personal information.
We use information to contact you: We might use the information you provide to contact you for confirmation of a purchase on our website or for other promotional purposes.
We use information to respond to your requests or questions. We might use your information to confirm your registration for an event or contest.
We use information to improve our products and services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. This could include displaying content based upon your preferences.
We use information to look at site trends and customer interests. We may use your information to make our website and products better. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, or our websites.
We use information for marketing purposes. We might send you information about special promotions or offers. We might also tell you about new features or products. These might be our own offers or products, or third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. Or, for example, if you buy product(s) from us we’ll enroll you in our newsletter.
We use information to send you transactional communications. We might send you emails or SMS about your account or a product(s) purchase.
We use information as otherwise permitted by law.
Sharing of information with third-parties
We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. We share information with vendors who help us manage our online registration process or payment processors or transactional message processors. Some vendors may be located outside of India.
We will share information with the event organizers. We share your information with event organizers and other parties responsible for fulfilling the purchase obligation. The event organizers and other parties may use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies.
We will share information with our business partners. This includes a third party who provide or sponsor an event, or who operates a venue where we hold events. Our partners use the information we give them as described in their privacy policies.
We may share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. We will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. Or, we might also share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold we may give our customer list as part of that transaction.
We may share your information for reasons not described in this policy. We will tell you before we do this.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, please email email@example.com. It may take about ten days to process your request. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still be sending you transactional messages through email and SMS about your purchases.
Third party sites
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
No. 71 & 72, 1st Floor, 4th Cross, Akshaya Nagar,
Attur Layout, Yelahanka New Town,
Bengaluru – 560064.
Phone: +91-91644 76636
Updates to this policy
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies…
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- These cookies are typically removed or cleared when you log out to ensure that you can only access restricted features and areas when logged in.
- This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features, these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it is important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.